CATHY J. POLLAK
Cathy J. Pollak handles the full range of family law cases including complex litigated cases involving significant assets, evaluations of business and professional practices, and child custody issues. She is widely respected in the legal community for her skills in litigation, negotiation, mediation, and collaborative law.
Ms. Pollak is known for her dedication and sensitivity to her clients in assisting them in reaching constructive, long-term resolution to their cases. Her clients benefit from her hands on approach to their problems and her extensive years of experience devoted to family law.
In addition to her Courtroom skills, Ms. Pollak has vast experience in mediation. She is certified by the NJ Supreme Court as an economic mediator in family law cases since 2002, and has an extensive private mediation practice. She is a founding member of the Collaborative Divorce Association of North Jersey and is a leader in promoting the practice of collaborative divorce law. She frequently has been appointed by the Court to serve as a parent coordinator in high conflict custody cases. She is a Panel Chairperson of the Bergen County Early Settlement Panel.
Ms. Pollak currently serves as a member of the District IIA North Bergen County Ethics Committee. She is a member of the New Jersey and Bergen County Bar Associations, Family Law and Alternate Dispute Resolution Sections. She is a member of the New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators, Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, and International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. She serves as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Center For Hope And Safety Bergen County’s only nonprofit organization for victims and survivors of domestic violence.
Ms. Pollak‘s expertise in family law has earned her several accolades. She has been included on a list of AV Preeminent lawyers since 1983. This award is conferred by Martindale-Hubbell. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.martindale.com/ratings-and-reviews/. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
She also has been included on a list published by Super Lawyers in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. This award is conferred by Thomas Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at https://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND APPOINTMENTS
- Bergen County Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
- Membership Chairperson of the Collaborative Divorce Association of North Jersey, 2018 – present; Vice President and Member of the Board, North Jersey Collaborative Law Group / Collaborative Divorce Association of North Jersey, 2006-20 I 7.
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, 2006-present
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, 2006-present
- Appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as Member, District IIA Bergen County Ethics Committee, 2018–present; Panel Chair and Member, District IIA North Bergen Fee Arbitration Committee 2014 – 2018; Member and Panel Chair, District HA North Bergen County Fee Arbitration Committee, 1998-2002
- Member and Panel Chair, Matrimonial Early Settlement Panel, Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County, Family Division, 1996-present
- Mediator, Economic Aspects of Family Law Cases, appointed by Supreme Court of New Jersey, 2002
- Board of Trustees and Secretary, 1994-1995, Bergen County Task Force on Women and Addictions
- Bergen Mediators’ Peer Consultation Group, 2002-2012.
- Member, Board of Directors of Center For Hope And Safety, Bergen County’s only nonprofit organization for victims and survivors of domestic violence, 2020-present.
- Member, Secretary of Board of Trustees of Center For Hope And Safety, Bergen County’s only non-profit organization for victims and survivors of domestic violence, 2020 to present.
Let’s Get In Touch
Lomberg Del Vescovo & Pollak remains open to address the needs and interest of our clients. Call Us Today: 201-342-8100
We remain available to provide legal services despite the impact of COVID-19 on you and your family.